Award-Winning Integrated Marketing Firm Taps member of US Army Public Affairs Hall of Fame, former leader of Communications for Raytheon IDS and Chief of Communications for Large Military Non-Profit to Lead RMR’s New Cyber Communications and Non-Profit Business Lines
Rockville, MD – March 29, 2017 – RMR & Associates, Inc. (www.rmr.com), one of the Washington DC Metropolitan Area’s leading integrated marketing, advertising, and public relations firms, announces today that it has tapped Guy Shields, a retired U.S. Army Colonel, US Army Public Affairs Hall of Fame member, former Senior Manager for Communications for Raytheon and Communications Director for one of the nation’s largest Military Non-Profits, to become its newest Senior Vice President.
In his new role, Shields will hold multiple responsibilities, including leading RMR’s Cyber Communications and Crisis Communications offerings, its Military Non-Profit Marketing and Revenue Growth Strategy offerings, and Government Contractor Communications and Engagement services. This addition to the leadership team demonstrates the next step in RMR’s growth and evolution strategy in its continued mission to deliver the full spectrum of industry-leading marketing communications services to address its clients’ needs. With Shields’ addition to the team, RMR now offers Proactive Crisis Risk Assessment and Evaluation to achieve a powerful stance against the compromising communications risks associated with digital risks, data breeches, and cyberattacks.
Shields brings an illustrious track-record with over 25 years of military and civilian experience in the communications field, particularly in the areas of critical leadership for crisis and cyber communications. Some of his key achievements include:
- Development and implementation of high-level outreach and crisis communications plans, including the Bosnia air-drops, the Rwanda Refugee Crisis, the Macedonia UN Mission, Panama, assisting in the security command for the 1996 Olympics and management of multiple national disasters.
- Appointment to the position of Director of the Coalition Press Center in Kuwait for Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was responsible for the training and embedding of international media with Coalition forces, as well as supporting more than 6000 media members in active combat zones, developing some of the Army’s first cyber response solutions, and effectively managing communications with key outlets around various PR challenges at the local, national, and international levels.
- Recognition in 2016 as one of only 60 Army communicators to be honored and inducted into the Army Public Affairs Hall of Fame, the highest recognition for marketing and communications in the Army, dating back to WWI.
- Following his retirement from the U.S. Army, Shields led the Raytheon Integrated Defense System external communication and outreach buy cheap drugs team for Raytheon Corporation, with over $5 billion in annual sales and over 14,000 worldwide employees.
- Shields also entered the nonprofit world in 2011 as the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, for Army Emergency Relief (AER), one of the largest soldier and military family financial support organizations, where he also developed corporate outreach and fundraising programs, acquiring over $10M in grants and contributions from the business community.
Shields holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Minnesota and a Masters of Arts from the Naval War College. His numerous awards and recognition include the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star, and the Defense Meritorious Service Medal. Additionally, he has earned both the Combat and Expert Infantry Badges and is a distinguished graduate of the Defense Information School. He is accredited by the Public Relations Society of America, where he served two terms as vice president of the Boston Chapter.
“We are thrilled to welcome Guy Shields to the RMR team as our newest Senior Vice President,” said Robyn Sachs, President of RMR. “His tremendous expertise, as well as his leadership abilities, passion, and drive make him an ideal professional to lead the development of our Crisis and Cyber Communications offering, as we are very excited to see what the future holds for his success.”
About RMR & Associates
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, RMR & Associates, Inc. (RMR), has been addressing the unique needs of clients serving commercial, B2B, B2G, B2C, government, non-profit, financial services and IT sectors for more than 25-years. RMR’s integrated marketing includes public relations, social media, advertising, direct mail, media buying, list rental, website design and interactive marketing. RMR’s unique national experience and knowledge base has helped to build an extensive network of key contacts among venture capitalists, key organizations and key business leaders. With more than 500 product and company rollouts and repositionings, RMR has garnered results for local, national and international clients such as AOL, Insoft Corporation (acquired by Netscape), Telogy Networks (acquired by Texas Instruments), and consumer accounts such as Subway, .ORG, the Public Interest Registry, AAFMAA and Vonage.
For more information on RMR, please contact Rachel Griffin at RMR & Associates, Inc., 5870 Hubbard Drive, Rockville, MD, 20852 by phone at (301) 230-0045 ext. 190 or by e-mail at email@example.com. General information can be obtained by accessing the Web site at www.rmr.com. You can also find out more about RMR on our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/rmrassociates) or our Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/rmrassociates).